11/8/07

"I Will No Longer Fight Me"

An individual is born and his or her dream develops and expands. My dream is to become a professional writer. Right now I spend 60 percent of the day doing my day job and when the evening falls I experience the highs and lows of pursuing my passion. I have no idea when the end will justify the means so I will stay on the grind and keep a journal of my steps and the many roadblocks I experience. “I will no longer fight me” is my personal proclamation to the world. I know that among all things that I am my true passion is in writing and the performing arts.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Very interesting post. I am guilty of the same things. I am always hard on myself. I am finally coming to terms with being who I am and pursuing the things that make me happy, instead of what makes everyone else happy.

Anonymous said...

I see it as it is "me" who fails me the most, who judges me harshest and who has the greatest impact on my life. I see the fight with "me" as well. Great motto to adopt, I hope "you" do well. peace

Anonymous said...

"I will no longer fight me." A lot easier said than done. I think we are all guilty of doing this. We fight ourselves in all walks of life, all areas, whether it be internal or external. In our personal lives or in our work lives. Winning the battle with ourself is a life long trial and it's possible that the war never really ends as we work to try to perfect ourselves.